Adoption is a wonderful thing!
However, it is a very complicated process, therefore, it is very important to seek advice from professionals prior to embarking on the process to ensure that it goes as smoothly as possible. There are also some alternatives to adoption that may be more practical depending on the circumstances. We can talk with you and understand your situation, what you would like to achieve and then advise you the best way to achieve that.
We are experts in adoption and we’d be happy to talk to you about how we can help you with adoption…
Examples of just some of the questions we can help you answer are:
- What countries can I adopt a child from?
- How can I adopt a child who was born in Australia?
- How can I adopt a child from overseas?
- What risks are involved in intercountry adoption?
- What is the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption?
- I am a dual citizen, can I arrange an adoption through my other country of citizenship?
- I want to adopt my partner’s child, how do I do that?
- What is involved in the process of adoption?
- Do I need to get a court order to adopt a child, or can I adopt a child privately?
- Is an order for parental responsibility the same as adoption?
- Is adoption appropriate for me, or can I just raise the child as my own more informally?
- What are the legal implications of adoption?
- What are the legal requirements to adopt a child?
- Can a single person or same-sex couple adopt a child, or is this option only available to heterosexual couples?
- What rights will my partner have if just I adopt a child, as a single person?
- If we adopt, what rights will our child’s biological parents have?
- What support is available for adoptive families?
- How much will it cost and how long will it take?